Thursday, April 16, 2009

Beef Oxtail Soup



I have always thought oxtail soup sounded so gross. Not until after I married Matt did I try oxtail soup and now I just love it. Matt, who enjoys cooking, made this bowl of oxtail soup. I haven't bothered to learn it from him because it takes 2 days to cook. It is more work than I would like to do. So whenever oxtail is on the menu, I give the kitchen to Matt who is more than willing to cook oxtail. Unfortunately, he has no recipe for this. Matt usually cooks without recipes. If we have Chinese parsley, we use it as garnish. Oh, and by the way, one bowl of oxtail soup at a restaurant starts at $11.95. Pictured here is probably 4 servings.

Because it makes so much, and our family consists of my husband and I and two young children, we are usually have leftovers. It freezes well. Sometimes we freezer it in one serving sizes for my father for a quick meal.

As soon as Matt gets home, I will have him write dwon the recipe for me and post it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! I too thought oxtail soup was gross but after having it at a work function I was hooked (but so expensive to buy). No one in my home likes it but then they haven't tasted it yet.

    ReplyDelete